APERS employers and members of all stripes are discovering a convenient one-step way to keep in touch with their retirement system. They simply click 'Like' on the Arkansas Public Employees Retirement System Facebook page and they’re connected!
Did you know that on the APERS Facebook page you can click the 'Like' button again and a drop down menu appears? Under 'In Your News Feed' click on 'Show First' so you won’t miss a beat and your online retirement connection isn’t lost in the shuffle. Generally APERS posts updates every week to 10 days.
On the APERS Facebook page, members can find important info, including
- Reminders about important dates (like seminars) and deadlines (like application filing)
- Notifications and timely announcements
- Links to the official forms active members and retirees need to request info or make changes
- Links to interesting articles on aspects of our retirement system (from the blog)
- Contact info, maps, and other helpful links
While APERS is always eager to serve its members, due to privacy and security concerns we do not interact with the public on social media. In other words, APERS staff cannot respond to your comments, requests, or other questions on Facebook or other social media platforms. Members can seek answers on the website or by calling APERS at 501-682-7800 or toll-free at 800-682-7377.