When am I eligible to retire?
If you have 5 years of service, generally, you are vested (eligible) for benefits when you retire. To be eligible for retirement, you must meet certain age and service requirements. These requirements determine which type of retirement -- normal, early, or disability -- for which you can apply.
What are the age and service requirements for each type of retirement?
- Age 65 or more with at least 5 years of service;
- Any age with 28 years of service; or
- Age 60 or more with 20 years of service (contributory members prior to 07/01/2005)
Normal Retirement with PAW plan:
- Must meet normal retirement requirements; and
- Continue working past elegibility for normal retirement
- Age 55 with at least 5 years of service
- Any age with 25 years of service
- Up to 10 years before normal retirement age