As an agency of the State of Arkansas, APERS operates under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act of 1967, A.C.A. § 25-19-101 et seq., and APERS observes the following principles regarding any information it collects that can be associated with a particular person or people:
- The information collected should only be that necessary to provide the information or services sought by the requester, just as a person might provide such information when visiting a governmental office in person. The information collected is subject to the same controls and uses as that collected by governmental offices visited in person, again subject to the access and confidentiality provisions of the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act, §§ 25-19-101 - 25-19-107 or to other applicable sections of the Arkansas Code. You do not have to provide personal information to visit this website or download this policy.
- APERS records various statistical data about the computers that visit the APERS.ORG site, including their numerical IP addresses, so that we can analyze the ways visitors use our website and develop better, more accessible services. In the course of serving our members, APERS may request personally identifiable information from them, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to our office.
- APERS.ORG may publish links to various commercial websites that are not subject to the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. Visitors may wish to check the privacy statements of any outside sites and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information to them.
- Arkansas Public Employees Retirement System
- 124 West Capitol, Suite 400
- Little Rock, AR 72201-3704
Or you may call us in Pulaski County at (501) 682-7800 or toll free at (800) 682-7377.