APERS HomeActive Members PageNear Retirement PageRetired Members PageEmployer Page


Deposits are made on the first work day of each month. If the first falls on a holiday or weekend, deposits are made the next official work day.

February 1, 2017
March 1, 2017
April 3, 2017
May 1, 2017
June 1, 2017
July 3, 2017
August 1, 2017
September 1, 2017
October 2, 2017
November 1, 2017
December 1, 2017

COLAInformation about insurance Retiree Forms Returning to Work Direct Deposit Information

News and Updates


01/25/17 - Retirees - 1099 R's will be mailed out before the end of January. We will accept requests for reprints on or after February 15, 2017 (not before).

01/03/17 - Retirees - If you need to stop, start, or change the amount of your withholding for state or federal taxes on your retirement benefits, APERS has posted updated copies of IRS form W4-P and Arkansas form AR4-P on the Retiree Forms page.

08/26/16 - Retirees - A PDF copy of our combined 2016 summer newsletter for active and retired members is now available for download on the Publications page.


8/4/15 - Retirees - A PDF copy of the summer 2015 Retiree Newsletter is available for download on the Publications Page.
01/27/15 - RETIRED - We have updated the PDF version of the QDRO brochure that is available for you to view or download from the Publications page
03/11/15 - New design for this page.
01/27/15 - RETIRED - APERS is currently mailing 1099R tax forms. If you have not received your 1099R
by February 11th, please contact APERS.
Note: Duplicate request forms are available on our Retired Forms page.



How do I adjust my Withholding taxes?

You can use the following forms to change your State or Federal withholdings:
State Withholdings - State Withholding Form
Federal Withholdings - W4P Withholding Certificate for Pension

How do I get verification of my benefits?

If you need a letter verifying your benefits, please use the Retiree Request for Verification of Benefits form found here. You may fax the form to Benefit Accounting at 501-682-6595.

Should I inform APERS of a change in my marital status?

Please let APERS know (in writing) of any changes in your marital status as soon as possible.

Can I change my beneficiary?

Depending on the benefit option you chose upon retirement you may or may not have the option to change your beneficiary. If you have questions please contact APERS Retiree Services.

What is a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)?

The United States Department of Labor defines a Qualified Domestic Relations Order as a domestic relations order that creates or recognizes the existence of an alternate payee’s right to receive, or assigns to an alternate payee the right to receive, all or a part of the benefits payable to a participant under a pension plan. You or your attorney can request an application for a QDRO from the APERS office. The form may be filed for an active, inactive, or retired member. The application for a QDRO must be filed in the format approved by the APERS Board of Trustees, and the signed original filed in the proper court must be submitted. If this procedure is not followed, APERS will not honor the QDRO. A model of the language can be found on the Retired Member Forms Page